Write a Kindle book…
I have watched some terrible suggestions on YouTube of people suggesting you turn your website blog posts into a book and then selling that on Amazon. To me a book is a book not various blog posts collected and printed or organized in a digital reader format. When I say that I want to write a Kindle book this is not what I mean.
Some things that I will have to decide very quickly are:
- Fiction / Non-Fiction – I think my first thought is to write fiction as it might be easier.
- Pick a time of day and duration to write – I think, and I have read, that it is easier to write a book if you schedule yourself some time and stay to that schedule. I am thinking of setting 8 pm-9 pm Sunday – Friday.
- Book length – I believe a good length for a first try would be approximate 40,000 words. (so it should take about 3 months)
- Proof read / Editing – This will probably take an additional month.
- Test the waters – send it to friends and family and see what they think. (this could be tough)
- Work to get it published!
I think the whole process should take about 6 months if I can stay on schedule. I really enjoy reading Science Fiction & Fantasy so I might try my hand at that. Worst case I can always aim for a short story first to try to get into the rhythm of putting stories together.
I was able to find some great tips from the website Goins,Writer and if you are thinking of writing a book please follow the link and check out their